maanantai 12. maaliskuuta 2012

End of Mumbai, Delhi (Taj Mahal!)


Hey! Well first time I’m writing here and mines going to be in English for our English readers. I’m going to comment on a few things we did on our last days In Bombay and also a little bit about Delhi! Let’s get this blog going!!!

So Thursday when we got back from Goa we were pretty tired, so we just took the evening off and chilled. But Friday Pilvi, Eve and Ville decided to go to the movies and watch a Hindi movie, but ended up watching the Artist a “not” Hindi movie. So meanwhile Jesse and me went to a shop called Food fantasy, which was a sweet lovers wet dream, seriously! The shop had all sorts of international sweets and crisps and drinks. So we bought our stuff and proceeded to watch some Top Gear back at the hotel. Once the rest got back, I think we went out for dinner, can’t really remember…

Saturday we continued working; we went to the center (Colaba) to the bazars to get some footage of the bargaining going on in India and to get the rest of the gifts for our friends. Jesse and Ville went there by train whilst the rest and me went by taxi, since we weren’t to keen on the train concept. Basically it was Eve bargaining with the dudes, getting a better price for stuff I needed, which was pretty cool even though I must have spent a fortune buying gifts for friends and family. That’s me, putting the rest before me! I bought a few shirts for me and then loads of little gifts for my people back at home. Not quite sure what the rest bought but I guess they got something.

Aaaaaaanyway, Sunday was a busy day for the rest, Jesse went skateboarding to Phoenix Mills Mall and Ville filmed it so we could have some more footage for our documentary while I stayed at the hotel sleeping (hehe). Later on everyone went to a gig that the guys we met in Bandra a few weeks back had in New Mumbai, they did an interview with the guys and Ville and Eve stayed to watch it, which went on pretty late. Pilvi and Jesse came back before the gig started. I was surprised when Jesse came in to my room and woke me up from my beauty sleep… So we just hang out with Jesse a little while and then went downstairs and had a long chat with the hotel owner Mr. Shaker, who ended up inviting us to dinner to his house! The food there was amazing, pure veg but amazing! Not just your normal salad you get in Europe or places other than India, the food actually had a lot of taste. After that we got invited again on Monday, all of us.

Monday started off ok, we chilled in the morning and went to Le Café around 15:00 to eat with Reetta and Marlene (the exchange students from Finland and Germany, respectively). After that, the crew parted ways; Jesse, Eve and Ville had a date with the band guys previously mentioned, I think they went bowling and to eat, so a normal first date. Meanwhile Pilvi and I went to the cinema and watched the Iron Lady, the movie about Margaret Thatcher. It was pretty good, I didn’t really know much about her but I guess now I do! It was weird the way that the Indian National Anthem always come on before the movie, everyone got up and sung it, I even think the guy next to me was crying… Anyway we got back to the hotel and no one was there, so we ended up going the two of us to Mr. Shakers place to eat, again amazing food. Then to end the night we had to pack to leave on Tuesday to Delhi.

Tuesday we left to Delhi, we were all really excited about going since most of us couldn’t wait to get home, and Delhi was one step closer to home! As we arrived and saw our hotel, we realized that it was nothing like the pictures we saw on the internet. It was dirty, very dirty; there was no toilet paper, no towels… About the only thing that was as is said on the internet was the internet, but it was slow as hell. I was a little bit depressed because I had no money to go and see the Taj Mahal the next day, so I stayed at the hotel and so did Eve because she wasn’t feeling well. Meanwhile Pilvi, Jesse and Ville went to investigate Delhi, I think they went to buy some drinks and grab something to eat. Anyway they came back and popped open a bottle of Old Monk to end the night.

Wednesday was the big day, off to the Taj Mahal! First of all we ordered a taxi which was supposed to come around 7.30, but around midnight the night before, the reception guys decided that it was a bad idea, so it came at 6.30 instead… Great because Pilvi and Eve were sleeping when they changed their mind, so it was an early wake up and then a 5-hour car ride to it. My behind was killing me! So just as we were getting to the Taj, the car driver stopped and this guy got in the car, we were all confused, but he said he was a guide (which we didn’t order). But we finally got there and saw one of the Seven Wonders of the world, it was BEAUTIFUL! The building was finished in 1653 and took over 20 years to be completed. The guy who made it, did it for his wife, who said that when she dies she wants to be buried in a unique building built by the husband. The building was HUGE! And was surrounded by 16 gardens and 53 fountains, which means it was completed in 1653! AMAZING! There is a Mosque on the left side of the building, and on the right there is another building which is a mirror image of the mosque, but it’s a guest house, or was. Anyway we saw the beauty and learnt the history, and then headed back to the hotel, another 5-hour car ride… but this time we stopped to have a Mac-attack on the way! Since we were staaaaaaarving. When we got back all we did was chill and have a few more drinks, then it was good night!






This is all for now, Jesse will write the end of our stay and our trip home. Sorry it took so long, but I aint the best at writing blogs… Hope you didn’t get bored reading our day-to-day schedule! Love you all! SEE YA!  

                                                       Th-Th-Th-Th-That's all folks!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti